Saturday, December 31, 2011

Fuck, Kiss or...Marry?

This is not about one particular guy, but rather about 3 different types of guys.

Back when I lived in Cincinnati with a few roommates, we would play a game a lot called "fuck kiss or kill", in which we would name 3 people, and you would have to fuck one, kiss one, and kill one. It was an awesomely offensive way to pass the time.

I have separated dating into 3 categories: the ones who want to fuck you, the ones who want to kiss you, and the ones who want to marry you.

The ones who want to fuck you:
These tend to be the kinds of guys I fall for, the bad boys, the ones I actually like, but they just send me random dirty texts at like 3 am and try to booty call me. It seems like when I am with these guys, they like me, I like them, this is more then likely just the ploy, but at the same time, we joke we laugh we have a good time, but when I'm not with them, everything turns to sex. They don't like any kind of serious conversation (unless its about sex) and they are very self centered and everything has to be on there terms.

The ones who want to kiss you:
are far and few between. These are the guys who want to take it easy, get to know you and don't want to rush into anything, and don't wanna love em' and leave em'. I have a feeling they might be out there? But I have yet to run into them.

The ones who want to marry you:
I may be being a little dramatic with the introduction, but I have met 3 guys who have tried to rush me into a relationship, rush me into more then I am ready for. It starts slow, with I wanna see you this day and then that day, and then it builds into I want to see you all the time, I want to do this, I want to do that, come here, come there, meet my kid, be with me be with me be with me. They don't seem to understand I am going through a divorce and I'm not ready to jump into anything super serious. Its because of this I deleted my online dating profile (hey..I live in the Ohio Valley...my options are limited here). I tended to keep meeting people who would just be way too into me too soon. I know that THEIR options are limited too, but honestly? Get to know me before you drop to one knee guys. I don't really like the idea of getting remarried anyway right now, so coming on too strong? major turn off.

When I went shopping for a wedding dress, I tried on over 50 dresses. I wanted to take the bust from dress A and match it with the train from dress B, the hemline of dress C and mix it with the beadwork from dress D. I knew what I wanted and I didn't stop until I got it.. the result? I had the perfect wedding dress..for me. I keep meeting these guys that have bits and pieces of the perfect guy (again, for me) but I know that I can't just stitch them together (horror movie plot?) and create the dream guy. I don't WANT the dream guy right now. But why can't they just be fucking normal??

1 comment:

  1. Fucking A. To this whole post. Except the divorced/wedding bit for me. Cause y'know.

    ReplyDelete